Learning for Sustainable Living is a simple, hands-on experience of sustainability in practice. The course consists of three 2-day modules, focusing on the core elements of sustainable development, design and agriculture.
These modules are designed to equip you with knowledge and confidence to make positive changes. Each module can be taken as a separate, comprehensive study of a specific theme or taken in combination to form part of a holistic understanding of sustainability. Join us for any one of the modules (or all three) and discover a new way of living.
8 – 9 NOVEMBER 2010
A COMMON FUTURE: INTRODUCTION TO SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
- A practical introduction to sustainable living
- Tours of Lynedoch eco-village and Stellenbosch landfill site
- Lectures and discussions on sustainability and globalization
10-11 NOVEMBER 2010
ECO-TECH: ECOLOGICAL DESIGN IN PRACTICE
- A practical introduction to ecological design
- Tours of Lynedoch eco-village and other Sustainable Development projects
- Lectures and discussions on infrastructure, energy, water and transport
12-13 NOVEMBER 2010
FARM TO FORK: FOOD SECURITY AND SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE
- Sustainable agriculture in practice
- Tours of a local organic market, restaurant and farms
- Lectures and discussions on food security and local economy
Cost & Logistics
- Attendance per module costs R1500.
- Discounts are available to persons attending more than one part of the course (also for NGOs and group bookings).
- Cost covers course material, refreshments, farm-to-fork lunch and transport for outings.
- Certificate of attendance will be issued by the Sustainability Institute.
- Modules start at 08:00 and end at 17:30, presented at the Sustainability Institute, Lynedoch.
- Modules presented by Sustainability Institute staff, under guidance of Eve Anneke and Prof. Mark Swilling
- Applications close 15 October 2010. Once your application has been accepted, you will be invited to register.
Application forms and more information is available at the links below:
Learning for Sustainable Living – Information Brochure (28.09 kB)
Learning for Sustainable Living – Registration Form (83.5 kB)
Contact Ruenda Odendaal (email@example.com or 021 881 3196) for more information.
Applications close 8 October 2010. Successful applicants will be notified by 11 October and will be required to register by 15 October. If a registrant cancels prior to 18 October, a 50% refund will be made to the registrant. If a registrant cancels between 18 October and 29 October a 25% refund will be made to the registrant. After 29 October, no refunds will be given.