The team has worked for a range of clients from the public sector, private sector and international organisations, including the following:
• Cities Working Group of the International Resource Panel (IRP): Co-authoring and project managing the compilation of the City-level Decoupling Report, and the 'REFURB' report (currently underway) with an international team of experts and academics.
• UN-Habitat: Co-authoring and project managing the compilation of four 'quick guides' on planning and infrastructure for sustainable cities for launch at Rio+20, including 32 case studies from around the world.
• UNEP’s Global Initiative for Resource Efficient Cities (GI-REC): Researching various approaches to assessing urban resource use and compiling a framework toolkit for promoting resource efficiency at a city level.
• United Nations Environment Program (UNEP): Authoring and presenting a position paper on low-carbon urbanism presented at the International Summit on Urban Environmental Accord Cities in Gwangju in 2011, and converting it into a paper for launch at Rio+20.
• Local Governments for Sustainability (ICLEI Africa): Researching and co-authoring significant portions of the 2013 State of African Cities Report.
• UK Department for International Development (DFID-UK): Researching the risks and vulnerabilities experienced at the 'energy-food nexus' in developing countries; researching and authoring case studies on the vulnerability of Nigeria, India, South Africa and Malawi to oil shocks.
• Association of Europeans Parliamentarians for Africa (AWEPA): Reviewing climate change legislation from 20 countries to assist South African Parliamentarians in advancing local climate change legislation.
• World Wide Fund (WWF): Investigating and evaluating South African energy access projects that include renewable energy or energy efficiency dimensions, and assisting with crafting a sustainability vision for the development of a rural hamlet in the Eastern Cape.
• Nedbank: Identifying sustainability opportunities for the home loans team and preparing educational material on energy efficiency standards and sustainable living.
• Ernst & Young: Researching and authoring a series of papers on food systems and sustainability.
• Stellenbosch Municipality: Project managing the preparation of a sustainable Spatial Development Framework for the town of Stellenbosch, and summarising the 2010 SDF for the broader municipality into an easy-to-read document for implementation.
• Western Cape Provincial Government: Working as part of a consortium to author inputs on energy and the environment for the Western Cape Infrastructure Framework.
• South African Cities Network (SACN): Authoring a chapter on the management of natural resources in cities for the 2011 State of South African Cities Report, and researching the state of infrastructure management in South African cities for the Integrated Urban Development Framework (IUDF).
• Department of Environmental Affairs (DEA): Researching and modelling the green economy, resource use and decoupling in South Africa.